First details of Icom’s New Touch screen ID-5100 Dual Band D-STAR Mobile Radio
Icom are pleased to announce details of the new ID-5100 dual band D-STAR mobile. As with Icom’s latest range of products, this new model has a new generation design and range of features including large, responsive touch screen LCD, Bluetooth connectivity and second station control through an Android device*.
* Optional Bluetooth unit UT-133 is required. Android software is available free.
• Large, responsive touch screen LCD
• Optional UT-133 Bluetooth unit enables audio accessory connection and Android terminal connection (CI-V via Bluetooth SPP profile).
• Optional VS-3 Bluetooth pendant earpiece microphone has volume adjust buttons, PTT and three programmable buttons. Third party Bluetooth audio accessories may also be compatible (not guaranteed).
• RS-MS1A Android application will be a free to use download. It controls the radio for DR mode operation, exchanging text messages/pictures and showing GPS location over Google Maps.
• Two independent receivers with simultaneous receive capable VU/VV/UU
• 50W output power on both VHF and UHF Bands
• Enhanced DR mode (also include analogue repeaters)
• Added “Nearby Repeater Scan” in DR scan function
• D-Plus reflector usability (can select “reflector” in TO field)
• DV Dual Watch for simultaneously waiting in two DV voice streams (decodes one only)
• Home button (same as ID-51 feature)
• D-PRS enhancements (details to be announced)
• 1,000 memory channels
• Built-in GPS engine (inside the controller, no EXT antenna possible)
• ESN (Electronic Serial Number) / SD Card slot (in the black box main unit).
• New HM-207 control microphone is supplied as standard.
• Wideband receiver: 118-137MHz(AM), 137-174/380-479MHz
These are still preliminary details of the new radio series and specifications may change. Please stay tuned to our website for further details, pricing and availability.
To download high resolution images of this product, please visit our image bank at: www.icomuk.co.uk/imagebank
Icom UK Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org