Fixed Mount VHF/DSC Transceiver
The IC-M423 is Icom's next generation VHF/DSC has a new user interface which makes driving this Icom fixed mount incredibly simple. This compact radio features Active Noise Cancelling Technology that reduces background noise by 90%. It also packs 10W from its loud speaker making sure your calls are clearly heard. The IC-M423 also has a Public Address & Fog Horn function so when attached to a hailer horn will expand the usefulness of this new radio.Read the 5 Stars Premium Product Review of the IC-M423 by clicking on Sailing Today IC-M423 DSC/VHF Review Active Noise Cancelling Technology
The built-in bidirectional active noise canceller reduces background noise to up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming calls. This could be really essential for you, making you heard when you really need to, such as when the weather conditions are poor or if engines are running. New Marine Family Common User Interface
The IC-M423 has an easy to use interface that will be incorporated into future Icom radios. The common Marine Family User Interface provides simple operation for the boat owner. A rotary selector, directional keypad provides intuitive operation. The high definition dot matrix display allows all information to be clearly viewed. 10W Loud Audio, Public Address and Foghorn
The IC-M423 has a built-in 10W amplifier that increases the audio output from an additional external speaker. The public address function allows you to make an announcement from the microphone like a loud speaker, and the foghorn can also be emitted from the additional external speaker. Built-in Class D DSC
The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report*, polling request* and DSC test calls.
*Available upon request. Common GPS/NAV Interface
When connected to an external GPS receiver, current position and time are shown on the IC-M423's display. When receiving position information from another vessel, the IC-M423 can transfer it to a navigational device via NMEA 0183 connectivity. Compatible with Icom MA-500TR Class B AIS Transponder
The IC-M423 can be integrated with the Icom’s MA-500TR Class B AIS Transponder allowing you to transmit DSC individual calls to a selected vessel instantly without manual MMSI entry; very handy if you are waiting to contact vessels on the AIS screen, an essential safety feature in an emergency. IPX7 Submersible Protection (1.0m depth for 30 minutes)
The IC-M423 withstands submersion in up to 1.0m depth of water for 30 minutes. It is equivalent to the IPX7 standard. Other features
• AquaQuake draining function
• Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring Ch.16 and/or call channel
• Priority and normal scan
• Built-in attenuator for local communication
• Black and white versions available.
• This product comes complete with a simple plastic flush mount kit. Stainless steel flush mount kits are available as an option.
- 5 Year Warranty on Icom Marine VHF Radios at the London Boatshow 2017 - 20/12/2016
- New Icom IC-M605 Marine VHF Radio System Debuts at METS Trade Show - 15/11/2016
- IC-M93D Battery Offer and 5 Year Warranty on Icom Marine VHF & AIS Products at the Southampton Boats... - 14/09/2016
- First Class Round Britain Trip Raising Money for Macmillan Cancer Support - 31/03/2016
- Second or Third station Radio Capability For Your Vessel with Icom UK’s Dual Station Upgrade Pack - 08/09/2015
- Great Offers and 5 Year Warranty on Icom Marine VHF Radios and AIS Products at the London Boatshow 2... - 08/01/2015